Getting Started (Main)
Before playing Feed the Beast, you should do the following:
- Purchase Minecraft from Mojang and create an account.
- Install Minecraft and launch it at least once to verify it runs successfully on your computer.
 Installing the Launcher
Once you have Minecraft successfully running you are ready to install the FTB Launcher.
- Browse to the FTB site and download the .exe from here. There is also a .jar file for Mac and Linux users.
- Put the .exe in its own folder somewhere on your computer.
- Run the .exe. It may take some time for it to configure itself the first time.
- Click on the OPTIONS tab and configure the installation location, memory settings, and window size/position.
- Create a profile using your Minecraft username (or Mojang e-mail) and password.
 Choosing a FTB Mod Pack
There are multiple versions of the FTB Mod Pack. If you are brand new to FTB, the Ultimate Pack is considered the greatest pack of mods for Feed the Beast. Other popular pack for FTB include the MindCrack Pack and Direwolf20 Pack, (all for Minecraft 1.4.7).
- In the launcher's main window click on the MODPACK tab.
- Click on one of the packs on the left. The launcher will list the mods that make up that pack.
- The filter option allows you to choose between FTB mod packs, 3rd party mod packs, and server versions of the mod packs.
- Once you have chosen your pack click the Launch button.
- Wait as the Launcher downloads, installs, and configures all of the mods.
- Enjoy playing Feed the Beast!
 Mod guides
- Getting Started with BuildCraft
- Getting Started with ComputerCraft
- Getting Started with Factorization
- Getting Started with Forestry
- Getting Started with IndustrialCraft
- Getting Started with Mystcraft
- Getting Started with Railcraft
- Getting Started with RedPower 2
- Getting Started with Steve's Carts
- Getting Started with Thaumcraft
- Getting Started with Thermal Expansion
- Getting Started with Twilight Forest