The Multi-Functional Storage Unit, or MFSU, is a Tier 3 energy storage unit that stores EU (IndustrialCraft 2). The MFSU is capable of storing 10,000,000 EU and outputs 512 EU/t from the dotted side. It can be safely removed with a wrench without lossless mode as there is no chance of it turning back into a machine block.
Usagewrench as well as removed with the wrench. Right-clicking on the MFSU will bring up the GUI for the block.
The upper empty slot near the middle will charge batteries and tools placed in that are compatible with IndustrialCraft 2, while the bottom slot will drain these items. The meter on the right displays the charge level of the MFSU as well as it's output voltage. The upper-right redstone symbol controls how the MFSU will interact with a redstone current. The settings are:
- Nothing - Nothing will happen if redstone current is applied nor will the MFSU emit one.
- Emit if full - The MFSU will output a redstone current when it's full.
- Emit if partially filled - The MFSU will output a redstone current when there is any energy stored within.
- Emit if empty - The MFSU will output a redstone current when there is no energy in it.
- Do not output energy - The MFSU will not output energy if there is a redstone current present.
- Do not output energy unless full - The MFSU will not output energy unless it is full while there is a redstone current present.
Reference & Acknowledgements
- IndustrialCraft2 Wiki: http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=MFS_Unit
- Parts of this article contributed by Chrissy
Other Energy Storage